Panargo Shipping represents 85 years of being in the shipping business. In 1993 two of South Africa’s oldest and best known ships agencies, Pandora Maritime and African Coaling merged forming Panafco Maritime. This Company, in turn, merged with Seacargo in 2004 to form Panargo Shipping.
We act for charterers, shipowners, shippers, receivers and operators specialising in bulk, breakbulk and container fields. We are able to provide all clearing and forwarding and agency functions. We pride ourselves on being able to provide leading-edge technology in all areas of the logistics chain which in turn provides us with the tools to efficiently service the changing needs of our clients, enabling us to deliver the personal service and attention to detail that truly sets us apart.
Through their high levels of experience and local knowledge of their areas, our people are able to truly understand the needs of our customers. We appreciate the different requirements of the many and varied principals we represent.
“Whilst our focus is always on efficiency and cost effectiveness, we recognise the need to offer a tailored service to meet the unique requirements of each customer.”
Panargo’s reach is wide with its Head Office based in Durban, South Africa, branches in Richards Bay, Cape Town, Saldanha Bay and sub agents in Port Elizabeth and East London. We also have selected sub agents at other South African ports. The operation is highly centralised with control, accountability and ultimate responsibility for the network resting with the Durban Head Office.
We are proud to be:
- ISO 9001:2000 accredited.
- an active member of The South African Association of Ships Owners and Agents (SAASOA),
- An active member of the South African Association of Freight Forwarders (SAAFF)
- Active members of the various Chambers of Commerce.
- Qualified Members and Fellows of The Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers –
- Able to offer more than 150 years experience.
- Verified as a level 3 contributor towards B-BBEE based on the Department of Trade and Industry’s guidelines for Qualifying Small Enterprises in the Codes of Good Practice.
In Greece we are represented by Panargo Shipping Ltd. This office provides local marketing and communication support and further improves our service to our Principals.
We tailor our services to satisfy our customers with seamless solutions to their particular needs in port and are committed to a consistently high level of quality through the dedication of skilled personnel supported by the latest technology and systems. We pride ourselves on a quick response policy and commit to respond to all queries within one hour.